Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ladies of the Guild





The topic was: Designer details for your handmade pillows, handbags and gifts. The theme: Add hand-dyed, embroidered and soft sculptured couture elements to your favorite projects and make them FABULOUS!!
(Not that they aren't already!)


We talked about adding roses, ruffles and lots of detail & embellishment to everything they sew! Though I brought a few samples, I was amazed at the show & tell the ladies brought! Beautiful felted jewelry (can't wait to try this!-see latest edition of Notions newsletter), creative mini quilts, a variety of fun totes which several ladies made,

Pretty custom fitted jackets,
Even darling children's clothing from a colorful, re-purposed sweater!
I wanted the skirt & leggings in my size!!


Here I am juggling cupcakes...well, not really-but the group was great-very hospitable and forgiving of the way I tend to pop from one thing to another!


Thank you, ladies for a lovely meeting & greeting!
Happy sewing community projects & keep up the good work!
-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment